- What is Bitrex?
- Preventing poisoning
- Taste Test
- Contact Us
Terms & Conditions for #BitrexTasteTest
1. By using or visiting this website and/or by submitting content by any form of media in relation to this competition, you will be deemed to have accepted the following terms and conditions.
2. When you submit your photographs for a competition featured on the Bitrex website or social channels, you provide appropriate licenses for its use, subject to a retained right to use the photograph for your own private, non-commercial use only, you grant Johnson Matthey, Macfarlan Smith Limited (“MSL”) an exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, sub-licensable, transferable right and license to use, host, store, cache, reproduce, publish, display (publicly or otherwise), perform (publicly or otherwise), distribute, transmit, modify, adapt (including, without limitation, in order to conform it to the requirements of any networks, devices, services, or media through which the Services are available), and create derivative works of the photograph.
3. By submitting your entry, you grant MSL the right to use your name for the sole purpose of identifying you as the author of your entry and/or as a winner of the competition.
4. You represent and warrant that you have all necessary licenses and permissions to submit this content and have it posted. You further represent and warrant that you have all necessary rights, licenses, and permissions to grant the above licenses and that the photograph submitted by you, and the submission of such photograph, do not and will not violate any intellectual property rights (including but not limited to copyrights and trademark rights) of any third party. You agree that you will indemnify, defend, and hold harmless MSL, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, customers and employees from any liability, damage or cost (including reasonable legal fees and costs) from any claim or demand made by any third party due to violation of these representations and warranties, or otherwise arising out of any submitted content.
5. Insofar as the entry includes the image of any individual who is not the entrant, you hereby confirm that each individual whose image is featured in the submitted photograph has given consent (and waived any related rights) for the use of his/her image in connection with this competition and in accordance with these terms and conditions. Where an individual whose image is featured in the photograph entry is aged less than 18 years, the entrant confirms that the parent or guardian of that individual has given the relevant consent.
6. The #BitrexTasteTest competition is open only to legal residents of the United Kingdom, France and Germany and at the time of entry are 18 years of age or older. Entrants must be located in the United Kingdom, France or Germany at time of entry.
7. Employees of the Johnson Matthey Group and their immediate family members are not eligible to enter the competition
How to enter the #BitrexTasteTest competition:
8. If you don’t already have a Twitter account, visit www.twitter.com to create an account. Once you have an account, eligible individuals must follow the competition instructions to post or “Tweeting” @BitrexGlobal directly or using campaign hashtags as instructed. These requirements for entry must be accomplished prior to the entry deadline. In addition, eligible entrants must follow @BitrexGlobal on Twitter so that MSL can direct message you in the event that you are selected as the potential winner. You can unfollow @BitrexGlobal once the promotion and prize notification period has ended if you wish.
9. NOTE: MSL may not receive entries from Twitter users with “protected” updates (i.e ., user has set the Account so that only people the user has approved can view updates) due to the way Twitter operates its service.
10. If you don’t already have an Account, visit www.facebook.com to create an Account; creating an Account is free. Once you have an account, eligible individuals must follow the competition instructions to submit their entry prior to the entry deadline. In addition, eligible entrants must have liked Bitrex (@bitrexuk) on Facebook so that MSL can direct message you in the event that you are selected as the potential winner. You can unlike @bitrexuk once the promotion and prize notification period has ended.
11. NOTE: Please, make sure that you go to Facebook ‘settings’ ‘Followers’ and click ‘Everyone’ otherwise MSL won’t be able to see your photo. For the purpose of this #BitrexTasteTest competition, only Entries that are recorded through Facebook’s servers will be considered. Other proof of submitting an Entry (such as a printed or copied screenshot or message) does not constitute proof of actual receipt of the Entry for purposes of this #BitrexTasteTest competition.
12. Contestants can participate with as many pictures as they wish through any channel.
13. As mentioned on the above sections, MSL may not be able to see your photos if your Facebook and/or Twitter accounts are set as private. If you don’t want to change your account privacy, you can still participate by uploading your pictures directly however by doing so you give MSL permission to share these pictures on their Facebook, Twitter and website.
14. If you wish one of your pictures to be removed from our website, you can email us at email@example.com. This would imply that the removed photo/s would no longer participate in the competition.
15. MSL may disqualify entries if the Entry and related Tweet or Facebook are deemed by MSL to be incomplete, and/or to include inappropriate, offensive or other derogatory language or information. MSL reserves the right to remove, reject or disqualify (along with the entrants who submitted them) any posted Tweet, Facebook or Entry which, in its sole opinion violates any of these official rules or are otherwise deemed by it as inappropriate for inclusion in any Bitrex competition.
Winners and prizes:
16. The winner will be selected by a Bitrex panel selected by MSL that will decide which of all the photos are the best and, therefore, deserve to be a winner. The winner will be notified by MSL by email. The decision of the Bitrex panel shall be final and conclusive.
17. MSL shall use and take care of any personal information you supply to it in accordance with data protection legislation. By entering the competition, you agree to the collection, retention, usage and distribution of your personal information in order to process and contact you about your competition entry, and for the purposes outlined in these terms and conditions.
18. These terms and conditions shall be construed in accordance with English law and MSL and competition entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.