- What is Bitrex?
- Preventing poisoning
- Taste Test
- Contact Us
Testing Times – how to run a Bitrex Taste Test
The Bitrex Taste Test is one of the highlights of Child Safety Week. There’s no better way of firing up your taste buds by exposing them to the world’s bitterest substance. Over 450,000 people have tried the Test in the last few years. Anyone can run a Taste Test, and while it’s the perfect ice breaker for a Child Safety Week event, you can run them anytime of the year. All you need is a group and a Taste Test kit from www.bitrex.com/public/get-involved/bitrex-taste-test/request-a-taste-test
What’s the secret of a successful Taste Test? Over the years we’ve pulled together a few bits of advice from the experts – you.
- Never forget the milk chocolate for after – it’s the only thing that takes the taste away – great excuse!
- Bitrex is totally harmless – people can’t believe that something that tastes so bad can’t harm you.
- Never do the Taste Test without a camera – the looks on people’s faces are priceless.
- Kids will want to give it a try – it won’t harm them, but it’s really an exercise for the grown-ups.
- It’s a fabulous way of promoting the group itself. The Taste Test ‘faces’ make a fun photo for the local newspaper or community web-pages. There’s no harm in giving them a call, ask to be put through the picture desk and say you have a good photo-opportunity. There’s no guarantee they will turn up but it’s worth a try.
- Taste Tests were made for social media. All those mums and dads making funny faces!
Other Bitrex tools you can use during your event!
Bitrex also have a Child Safety Week pairs game for you to compete to make the leaderboard. Our pairs game is a fun and interesting way to test your memory while also learning helpful child safety facts and advice along the way. Oh...and don't forget to share your results with us on Facbook and Twitter when you've completed the game!!
The trick is to match the spring items in the shortest number of moves. So simple, so easy. But let's see how you get on...Good luck!