- What is Bitrex?
- Preventing Poisoning
- Taste Test
- Contact Us
All products carrying the Bitrex logo are passed through our Bitrex Certification Programme, which involves independent taste testing.
This is done to determine the minimum quantity of Bitrex needed to help prevent accidental ingestion of a product.
Every product is screened by independent toxicologists before being tested under controlled conditions.
So far we have tested over 4800 products. We conduct these proprietary tests using independent facilities which include a UKAS Accredited Laboratory (ISO 17025). Results are issued through a formal certification system.
Taste testing can be completed within 15-25 working days.